Socks, work ID, cell phone, belt. Staging the night before and keeping extra items at your office helps.
You can, but they take up a lot of pack space and add to the weight. Keep a couple of pairs at work in one or two colors so you’re always ready for anything.
Sure! First, have a set of business clothing at work so you don’t have to carry it. Second, arrive at work a little earlier than usual to give yourself time to cool down and clean up.
Iron clothes in the morning, roll or fold them, then place them in your pack. Some people roll and some fold – do whatever works best for you. Leave suits at work so they are ready to go in case they’re needed.
With a shower:
- Take a shower.
- Get dressed.
- Head to your office.
Without a shower:
- Take a shower before you leave in the morning.
- When you arrive at work, cool down a bit.
- Take off your running clothes and store them or hang to dry.
- Use baby wipes on your head/face/neck, underarms, below the belt, and feet. You will use more in the summer and less in the winter.
- Apply deodorant/antiperspirant/cologne/perfume.
- Dress yourself, fool.
- In the bathroom, rinse off head/face/arms and dry.
- Fix hair.
- Guys – you’re done. Gals – apply makeup.
- Head back to your office.